About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

THE DEFINITION OF APPALLING.....

There was nothing really that newsworthy to write about today, so I'm choosing to blog about an incident that happened to a friend recently because it is absolutely appalling. My bud, Ryan, noticed some strange behavior from a couple of Arab women on a recent trip to BJ's Wholesale. 

I'll let Ryan tell the story: "So I'm in BJ's and there are two Arab ladies in front of me at the checkout counter. They have with them four kids between the ages of 6 months to 3 years. The one lady opens up her wallet to pay, and I noticed she had about $3000 cash in there, all 50s and 100s. I was thinking to myself, "That's a lot of cash to be carrying around!" No sooner that I thought that, the other lady that was with her, slapped her hand and yelled at her in some Arab language. She then pointed to the debit card in her wallet. So the lady put back all the cash back into her wallet and used a credit/debit card. The card caught my eye because it looked different. This one said "Families First" on it. So I thought it was a Credit Union or something, so I decided to Google it. It turns out; it's a Welfare debit card or an EBT card. I then exited the store and spotted the same two women in the parking lot trying to load up the car and wrangle their kids up to get in. The car was a brand new Mercedes SUV with a "temp plate" on it. I was tempted to go over to them and ask where I sign up to get what they have. Gotta love this (completely out of control) country. LOL"

 Ryan had one thing right! This country is out of control! When does it stop? It's bad enough when we see our own people scamming the system, but now these foreigners are scamming the system too? Not to mention, they're probably illegal! I have a friend who is actually struggling through some hard times financially and actually collects welfare himself, but as of recently, they've been making him jump through hoops just to get these benefits. He's a single father with two boys and is actually someone who really needs these benefits, but the state runs him through the ringer and makes him wait for this money. In fact, he just told me that the last time he was in one of their offices to collect; he noticed others there on their iPhones and iPads while they waited. He says that he can't even afford an iPhone and if these people are collecting food stamps, how are they affording these luxurious phones? It makes no sense whatsoever! 

I remember dating a girl who used to do the same thing. She would go sit in line at the Department of Human Services to apply for food stamps and though, she had a decent paying job, she still got the food stamps. I never understood how. Was it because she was Latina? Does that automatically give you the rights to food stamps and welfare? Is my friend having trouble because he's white and not the right ethnicity to receive these benefits. What really is going on with this country? Why do we keep handing out benefits to those who don't really belong here rather than helping those that do belong here? If we figured these answers out, maybe we'll find the answers to our deficit problem! Thank you for the story, Ryan! I found it utterly appalling!

No comments:

Post a Comment